Here is a step-by-step explanation of how I created a cartoon of Donald Trump.
Here is the finished Illustration
1. I start by gathering images of the subject as reference for my pencil rough
2. I use a light box to trace the image and create the black line work
3. I scan the image into Photoshop
4. Using Photoshop, I clean up the line work
5. I import the Photoshop files into Illustrator and use image trace to create vector files.
6. I place the face and body on seperate layers
7. I block in some basic colours
8. Add shadows and other details
9. When I am happy with the colours I start offsetting the elements, I find this gives energy to the final image
10. Final Step, add a flag in the background.
© Vaughan Duck 07/03/2019